Working at Brockwood as a residential staff member requires that you have a serious interest in Krishnamurti's teaching and a commitment to working with others in a spirit of inquiry and co-operation. Working at Brockwood Park in any capacity is more than a job opportunity; it is a lifestyle. All staff have other duties apart from their actual job and need to be aware of these demands. Regardless of function, all residential staff members at Brockwood receive the same monthly salary - approximately £614 - plus food, health care, and accommodation.
We are always pleased to hear from qualified and experienced teachers or support staff.
NOTE: We need to make sure that non-EU passport holders are entitled to work in the UK. It is not always easy to get a visa and we are usually only able to recruit people who live outside the EU for jobs listed on the shortage occupation list as supplied by the UK Borders Agency. One exception to this is if the job and qualifications required for it are above graduate level. Please feel free to contact us if you are interested and or need further clarification.
The Development Department at Brockwood Park is serving all four areas of Brockwood Park (The Krishnamurti Foundation, Inwoods Small School, The Krishnamurti Centre, and Brockwood Park School).
The Development Office of the KFT is looking for a Marketing & Communications Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, development and implementation of the organization’s marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities. The ideal candidate will have a degree and/or strong background in Journalism, Marketing, Media Studies or Communications.
Accountable to: Development Director
Status: Full-time residential position
Starting: 3rd July, 2014
Salary and benefits: All KFT members of staff earn the same annual salary of £7,365, plus the provision of accommodation, food and healthcare.
- Drafting press releases and articles and proactively generating media coverage
- Drafting copy as needed for all publications and promotional materials
- Creating and implementing an approved media and advertising strategy for KFT departments and evaluating performance
- Developing and updating the charity’s websites and social media channels
- Creating active social networking using Facebook, Twitter and other websites
- Liaising with external contacts – press and media, general public, donors
- Working in/with the fundraising side of development as needed
- Ensuring branding is consistent throughout
- Assisting with the administration of events as required Developing, implementing and monitoring systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations functions.
- Interest in and familiarity with the teachings of J. Krishnamurti
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases and articles, making presentations and negotiating with media
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar and usage and proven writing skills
- Strong communication skills including excellent telephone manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and excellent organizational skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or Media Studies preferred; Graduate degree in a related field is desirable
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience maintaining/establishing a distinct brand identity
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Working knowledge of fundraising
For more information:
The Krishnamurti Foundation: www.kfoundation.org
Brockwood Park School: www.brockwood.org.uk
Inwoods Small School: www.inwoods.org.uk
The Krishnamurti Centre: www.krishnamurticentre.org.uk
Friends of Brockwood Park: www.friendsofbrockwoodpark.org.uk
On Facebook: Friends of Brockwood Park, Brockwood Park School
On Twitter: Brockwood Park
Contact: Bill Taylor, Development Director
T: +44 (0)1962 793820
Brockwood Park School
We are frequently looking for residential staff with multiple skills, including teachers or potential teachers. If, having come across Brockwood or Krishnamurti before, or having looked through our website, you feel this might be the kind of educational endeavour you would want to be involved in, please send an initial letter of interest and introduction to: The Co-Principals, Brockwood Park School, Bramdean, Hampshire, SO240LQ. Our school year runs from mid-August through to early July.
There are currently no positions available at Brockwood Park School.
For further information or to apply, please contact us through the
Brockwood Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Inwoods Small School
There are currently no positions available at the Inwoods Small School.
For more information about the school visit: inwoods.org.uk
For more information about the staff position contact Mary-Ann Ridgway on 01962 771 065
To apply please send a CV and cover letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Krishnamurti Foundation Trust
There are currently no positions available at the Krishnamurti Foundation Trust.
The Krishnamurti Centre
There are currently no positions available at the Krishnamurti Centre.
Krishnamurti Foundation Trust Limited
Company registration no. 1055588
Registered Charity no. 312865